- Jaws: Computer screen-reader application designed for people with visual impairments. JAWS reads back text from the computer screen at a comfortable rate making it easier for individuals to navigate the computer.
- Read&Write Gold
- Volume Control Telephone
- Telephone Typewriter (TTY): TTY Phone is available at the King Library circulation desk.
Frequently Asked Questions
What accommodations can the Libraries make for persons using wheelchairs?
- Library staff can retrieve materials for people who cannot reach top or bottom shelves.
- All library buildings have elevator access to all floors (although assistance from library staff may be needed).
- Barrier-free public workstations are available in King, BEST, and the Art/Architecture Libraries, as well as in the Kamm Electronic Instruction Facility in King Library.
What other services do the Libraries provide for people with disabilities
- Select large print and audio books are available from our libraries, with additional titles available from college and university libraries participating in OhioLINK.
- King and BEST Libraries have individual study rooms for persons needing extreme quiet to study.
- A TTY phone is located at the King Library Cirulation Desk.
- Staff are always available to help clients find information on using library resources-- just ask!
Additional University Resources
19 Campus Avenue Building
(513) 529-1541 (V/TTY)